This is another yoga pose that centers on building your core muscles while strengthening your lower back. Lower back strength is important to help you maintain good posture, especially when carrying your baby for long durations.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent.
- Lift your legs off the floor and lean backwards while keeping your spine straight. Your entire weight will be resting on your buttocks. Your shins should be parallel to the ground and your hips at a 90-degree angle.
- Extend your arms forward with your palms facing each other.
- Hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds before lowering your legs to the floor.
- Repeat above steps for 3 sets.
Target area: abdominal muscles, lower back, spine
Do note that these exercises should only be done after consulting your doctor. Starting rigorous exercises too soon after your pregnancy may have negative impact on your physical health, especially if you were not active before or during your pregnancy.
The first step is often the most difficult. However, with each exercise that you do, you are one step closer to achieving your pre-pregnancy physique and fitness level. Moreover, these activities can be done without any equipment, at any time.
Need a little push? Check out AIA Vitality! AIA Vitality is one of the most comprehensive health and wellness programmes in Singapore which provides you with tools that target different aspects of your health. With extensive range of partner rewards and benefits that comes with the programme, AIA Vitality is your pacer, tracker or even a life partner to help you get your wellness and fitness back on track even after having a little one.
The sooner you start these exercises, the sooner you get your body back to your ideal shape. Start living with Vitality today!
More about AIA Vitality.