The inspiration came partly as an AIA Financial Services Consultant, I see the importance of good health for a good quality life. I re-invent the dish because I want to achieve the similar taste of the local food without compromising too much with the taste and to offer a much healthier option.
Another reason is that my husband is a meat lover and I hope this will help him to have healthier options. My wish is for my family to eat and live healthily. Both of us like to make this a part of our lifestyle.
Food can taste equally good, and even better, with the use of healthier and quality ingredients! Being healthy means winning in life!
How we gave it a twist to make it a healthier version:
- We use Chicken Breast (Lean Meat) for the satay
- We add Walnuts and almonds (Super-foods) into the ingredients of Yummy Nutty Sauce
- We choose a mixed of Brown Rice and White Rice to make Nasi Impit (Compressed Rice)
- We present a new sauce ""Avocado Dips"", using Avocado that has lots of nutrients
- We add some other fruits to enhance the taste and spike up the Colours of presentation , like green apples, pineapples, mango
- We also use lesser salt
- We use organic virgin coconut oil
- no MSG