Enjoy greater peace of mind with AIA HealthShield Pre-authorisation when you get your medical bill pre-approved before admission or surgery at private specialist clinics or private hospitals.
Why do I need pre-authorisation?
Benefits of pre-authorisation
How does it work?
This can be done via:
- My AIA SG App
- AIA Website
- Call HealthShield hotline at 1800 248 8000
You will receive an SMS/email confirmation when you have successfully submitted the pre-authorisation request
AIA will notify your doctor via email to submit medical information for assessment.
You will be notified via SMS/email of your doctor's submission.
AIA will assess the pre-authorisation request within 3 working days from the time we receive the e-form submission from your doctor with complete information. Once approved, you will be issued a Certificate of Pre-authorisation confirming the coverage amount for your treatment and hospitalisation.
You will be notified via SMS/email to download the Certificate of Pre-authorisation via My AIA SG.
Real life stories
AIA HealthShield Pre-authorisation for greater peace of mind
Find out more about how AIA HealthShield Pre-authorisation service will benefit you.
- From 15 April 2020, AIA HealthShield Pre-authorisation service will be available for all private hospitals, day surgery centres and clinics for non-emergency hospital admissions and day surgeries.
- Please note that AIA HealthShield Pre-authorisation is not applicable at Public Hospitals.
- Upon approval of your pre-authorisation request, we will issue a Certificate of Pre-authorisation stating the medical diagnosis, treatment date, procedures and the approved amount. Items or expenses that are not covered by the Certificate of Pre-authorisation will need to be payable by the patient.
- We shall pay eligible expenses incurred, subject to any pro-ration factor, deductible and/or co-insurance, any other benefit limits as stated in the benefit table and terms and conditions of the policy contract.
- The acceptance of Certificate of Pre-authorisation is subject to individual hospital policy.