Always get advice from a healthcare professional before starting any exercise programme.
The following is advised before you go for the assessment:
- Fitness Assessments are strictly by appointments only.
- Food consumption should be avoided at least 90 minutes before the appointment.
- Smoking should be avoided 30 minutes prior to blood pressure being measured.
- Caffeine should be avoided up to 3 hours before the assessment.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided for 24 hours before participation in exercise.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity on the day of the test.
- Avoid performing abnormally strenuous activity on the day prior to the assessment.
- Clothes suitable for exercise should be worn.
Your results are in the healthy range if your heart rate beats per minute is above average or better, according to your age