Always get advice from a healthcare professional before starting any exercise programme.
The following is advised before you go for the assessment:
- Fitness Assessments are strictly by appointments only.
- Food consumption should be avoided at least 90 minutes before the appointment.
- Smoking should be avoided 30 minutes prior to blood pressure being measured.
- Caffeine should be avoided up to 3 hours before the assessment.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided for 24 hours before participation in exercise.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity on the day of the test.
- Avoid performing abnormally strenuous activity on the day prior to testing.
Clothes suitable for exercise should be worn.
Your results are in the healthy range if your heart rate beats per minute is above average or better, according to your age