If you are on option 4 – where premiums have been deferred for a maximum of 12 calendar months, we will send a SMS four to eight weeks before the expiry of the Extended EGP for you to decide and make an application for your preferred repayment option. Customers who have not provided us with your mobile number, are encouraged to activate My AIA SG Account so that we can contact you.
Before the Extended EGP ends, customers can choose from 3 payment options:
- Pay all outstanding premiums in a lump sum before the end of the Extended EGP;
- Select a Non-Forfeiture Option (NFO);
- Convert your lump sum deferred premium payment into a 12-months instalment payment plan
To be eligible for the 12-months instalment payment plan:
- The total deferred premiums for each of your policy under the Extended EGP must be more than SGD1,000; and
- Your policy must be under an active GIRO [or recurring credit card arrangement] for premium payment (click here to apply); and
- Your frequency of payment for policy premium payment must be monthly.
Please note that under this 12-months instalment payment plan option, 2 deductions will be made monthly until all the outstanding premiums are paid (1 deduction for the deferred premium, and 1 deduction for the current premium due for the month).
For failed GIRO deduction(s), please make the outstanding premium payment(s) via AIA Pay EZ
, AXS or Internet Banking, otherwise, NFO may be activated or your policy may lapse (please refer to your policy contract for details).