In light of the ongoing impact of COVID-19, AIA Singapore will be extending its COVID-19 support as follows:
- AIA's Integrated Shield Plan (IP) coverage for COVID-19 vaccination complications that result in hospitalisation will be extended to cover the use of vaccine(s) approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) under its Emergency Use Listing (EUL) and administered in Singapore under the Special Access Route (SAR). This is in line with the Life Insurance Association, Singapore's (LIA Singapore's) 17 June 2021 update on IP coverage for COVID-19 vaccine complications. This special IP coverage for all COVID-19 vaccinations in Singapore will be provided until 31 December 2021.
- The free AIA COVID-19 special coverage for 2.6 million customers will be extended until 31 December 2021, including staff and their dependents, as well as AIA Insurance Representatives.
AIA Singapore stands by its commitment of comprehensively protecting Singaporeans, taking concrete steps to ensure they have peace of mind when they need it most, and delivering on its promise of enabling healthier, longer, better lives.
Free AIA COVID-19 Special Coverage extended until 31 December 2021:
All eligible customers will automatically benefit from this free additional insurance cover with immediate effect. This includes new customers whose policies are issued between 1 January – 30 November 2021. No action or additional purchase is required.
|Benefit||Coverage (Lump-sum payout)|
A lump sum benefit shall be paid upon death of the insured person, passing away in Singapore as a direct result of COVID-19.
A lump sum benefit shall be paid for hospital admission resulting directly from COVID-19.
Since first offering its free COVID-19 special coverage, AIA has provided financial support to more than 500 customers diagnosed with COVID-19.
For more information on the coverage benefits and the full terms and conditions, please visit: https://www.aia.com.sg/en/campaigns-promotions/covid19-special-coverage.html
Other support provided by AIA Singapore amid COVID-19:
- Expanding the scope of our Whitecoat teleconsultation services to include pediatric care and psychologist offerings to ensure our customers will get access to more comprehensive 24/7 healthcare support covering all aspects of wellness including mental health, not just for themselves but for their family as well.
- Free WhiteCoat teleconsultation services to all AIA corporate clients who have a general practitioner outpatient plan. This is to enable employees who fall sick during this vulnerable period to see a doctor in the comfort of their own home. Since launch, over 11,000 customers have benefitted from this service.
- Complimentary "Resilience Mindset" programme for all AIA staff and corporate customers, a four-week course that aims to improve the mental wellbeing of employees. Since November 2020, this quarterly programme is accessible to 1.2 million members of the Singapore workforce, helping them cope better with working from home through the practice of positive habits daily. Over 2,300 corporate insured members from more than 800 corporations have benefited from this programme to date.
- Creating 500 new jobs through the AIA Financial Career Scheme, which provides in-depth training and financial support to fresh grads and mid-career switchers. Interested candidates can contact us via this link: aia.com.sg/aiafinancialcareer
- END -
AIA Group Limited and its subsidiaries (collectively "AIA" or the "Group") comprise the largest independent publicly listed pan-Asian life insurance group. It has a presence in 18 markets – wholly-owned branches and subsidiaries in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR1, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan (China), Vietnam, Brunei, Macau SAR2 and New Zealand, and a 49 per cent joint venture in India.
The business that is now AIA was first established in Shanghai more than a century ago in 1919. It is a market leader in Asia (ex-Japan) based on life insurance premiums and holds leading positions across the majority of its markets. It had total assets of US$326 billion as of 31 December 2020.
AIA meets the long-term savings and protection needs of individuals by offering a range of products and services including life insurance, accident and health insurance and savings plans. The Group also provides employee benefits, credit life and pension services to corporate clients. Through an extensive network of agents, partners and employees across Asia, AIA serves the holders of more than 38 million individual policies and over 16 million participating members of group insurance schemes.
AIA Group Limited is listed on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited under the stock code "1299" with American Depositary Receipts (Level 1) traded on the over-the-counter market (ticker symbol: "AAGIY").